Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Good Revolutions 2007


1. "All My Friends" - LCD Soundsystem
2. "Start The Show" - Common
3. "Reckoner" - Radiohead
4. "Keep The Car Running" - Arcade Fire
5. "No Ones Gonna Love You" - Band Of Horses
6. "Teenage Love Affair" - Alicia Keys
7. "Pedigree" - Brother Ali
8. "All I Know" - DJ Jazzy Jeff feat. CL Smooth
9. "Flashing Lights" - Kanye West
10. "Someone Great" - LCD Soundsystem
11. "The Limit To Your Love" - Feist
12. "Success" - Jay-Z feat. Nas
13. "Going To Acapulco" - Jim James & Calexico
14. "Sailing Away" - Anthony Hamilton
15. "In The Mood" - Talib Kweli feat. Kanye West
16. "Gilla House Check" - Redman
17. "I'm Not Gonna Teach You..." - Black Kids
18. "Paper Planes" - M.I.A
19. "Rec-Room Therapy" - Ghosface feat. Raekwon & U-God
20. "Now That I'm Free" - Outlines feat. RZA

You know you're getting old when your favorite song of the year is a song about growing older.

I've narrowed down the song list to 20 because I found that ranking them past that is an exercise in futility.

Ghostface's "Rec-Room Therapy", from his bulky Big Doe Rehab album, would have been higher on the list had it not been for U-God's inept verse at the end. Rae and Ghost united would've sufficed.

I purposely left off a couple more Radiohead songs from In Rainbows for obvious reasons. If it's not obvious to you, you'll see why in my next post.