Friday, March 06, 2009

The Nat King Cole Remix Project

I've heard some scattered remix projects created for legends of the past. For instance, I really enjoyed the Sergio Mendes Timeless project. It's got one of only a handful of Wil.I.Am productions I like on it by way of "That Heat", a f--kin' scorcher.

The Nat King Cole project Re:Generations sounds promising. I've heard "Walking My Baby Back Home" featuring The Roots and wasn't much impressed. But "The Game of Love" featuring Nas and reinterpreted by Salaam Remi? Excellent. It's short and wastes no time. Nas follows Nats lead and goes in. The tracks whimsical sound is a definite winner here and doesn't make either artist come off awkward.

Nas: "The Game of Love"

For the record, after watching the above trailer, I'm actually looking forward to the Wil.I.Am and Natalie Cole collabo.

And the Just Blaze track sounds hot as well.