Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Movies 'N' Me

I was just giving this some thought on my way home from work this evening. These are the most memorable musical moments in cinema. Well, the kind of cinema I enjoy anyway...
I'm a huge fan of Wes Anderson films and Rushmore is the most endearing of his work. Faces' "Ooh La La" comes at the films conclusion and all I can say is that it fits perfectly in every way imaginable.

Faces: "Ooh La La"

I've seen every Quentin Tarrantino flick. He knows how to use music in his films and he chose the perfect artist to score Kill Bill Vol. 1. The RZA plucks an angelic Nancy Sinatra tune for the film's intro and it simply draws you in and doesn't let go.

Nancy Sinatra: "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)"

You're sitting in movie theatre and someone cues up "Shimmy Shimmy Ya". Right as the introductory piano dabs started to fill the theatre it just occurred to me how perfect the song was for this movie. An ODB track about unprotected sex as the backdrop to the opening credits for this particular movie? Genius.

Ol' Dirty Bastard: "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" (I'm not wasting time in providing a download - I know you already own this. And if you don't, "shame on a NUH!")