Monday, June 11, 2007

Take Me Back


Summer's fast approaching and folks are putting together their seasonal songs of summer posts. I'll spare you and refrain from posting a mix of my own. I will throw one classic out there though on principle.

The J. Geils Band's Freeze Frame (1981) will always hold a special place on my imaginary favorite rock albums list. It's not one of the greatest rock albums ever recorded but it had some memorable songs on it. Although the title track was probably a bigger hit, "Centerfold" will forever be an all time summer classic. I was only 10 when this song dropped and I remember it fondly only because I wasn't suppose be listening to it. I don't even remember how I got my hands on the cassette tape. Seriously, what kind of soulless robot can deny this fuckin' song? Good times, good times...

The J. Geils Band: "Centerfold"